Sunday, June 7, 2009

Day 17!!!

Today, to make a difference, I got up early in the morning to help my mum make pendants. I did this for 4 hrs. I also called Heather and did a favour for both her and my mum and came up with a science fair I idea as we needed to get started and my mum had been begging me to do it for ages. I then helped my dad with the shopping and went to visit my grandma to give her some company. Then when I arrived home, I made some treats to bring to school for tomorrow (lemon muffins and meringues). I then helped my mum make a roast dinner, and then for the reat of the evening, I helped clean the dishes and make new stock for my mum.



I know that everyone has appreciated my hard work over the last 17 days, and I have certainly enjoyed it. I have received many smiles, 'thank you's, hugs and more. These have also made me smile everytime I did something nice for someone.


I am now EXTREMELY happy to say that I have made a difference in my community in 17 days!!!!! I think that because of what I have done lately, I might incorporate some of this experience into everyday life, e.g. I might bring muffins to school for everyone, help out around the house more often, etc. I really enjoyed this assignment and I would actually like to do the same in the future. Thanks Mr. Read for giving us such a fun and challenging task!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice work yasmin